EULA - End User License Agreement
End-User License Agreement for Tvalx Sotware
NOTICE TO USER: PLEASE READ THIS CONTRACT CAREFULLY. BY USING, COPYING OR DISTRIBUTING ALL OR ANY PORTION OF THE Tvalx SOFTWARE ("SOFTWARE") YOU ACCEPT ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING, IN PARTICULAR THE LIMITATIONS ON: USE CONTAINED IN SECTION 2; TRANSFERABILITY IN SECTION 4; WARRANTY IN SECTION 7; AND LIABILITY IN SECTION 8. YOU AGREE THAT THIS AGREEMENT IS ENFORCEABLE LIKE ANY WRITTEN NEGOTIATED AGREEMENT SIGNED BY YOU. THIS AGREEMENT IS ENFORCEABLE AGAINST YOU AND ANY LEGAL ENTITY THAT OBTAINED THE SOFTWARE AND ON WHOSE BEHALF IT IS USED. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE, DO NOT USE THIS SOFTWARE.
Tvalx and its suppliers own all intellectual property in the Software. Tvalx permits you to Use the Software only in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. Use of some third party materials included in the Software may be subject to other terms and conditions typically found in a separate license agreement, a Read Me file located near such materials.
1. Definitions. "Software" means (a) all of the contents of the files (provided either by electronic download, on physical media or any other method of distribution), disk(s), CD-ROM(s) or other media with which this Agreement is provided.
2. Software License. If you obtained the Software from Tvalx or one of its authorized licensees, and subject to your compliance with the terms of this agreement (this "Agreement"), including the restrictions in Setion 3, Tvalx grants to you a non-exclusive license to Use the Software for the purposes described in the Documentation as follows.
2.1 General Use. You may install and Use a copy of the Software on your compatible Computer, up to the Permitted Number of computers. The Software may not be shared, installed or used concurrently on different computers. See Section 3 for important restrictions on the Use of Tvalx Sotware.
2.2 Server Use and Distribution.
2.2.1 You may install one copy of the Tvalx Sotware on a computer file server within your internal network.
2.3 Backup Copy. You may make backup copy of the Software. You may not transfer the rights to a backup copy unless you transfer all rights in the Software as provided under Section 4.
2.4 Portable or Home Computer Use. You can make any number of installations within your household.
2.5 No Modification.
2.5.1 You may not modify, adapt, translate or create derivative works based upon the Software. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the Software except to the extent you may be expressly permitted to decompile under applicable law, it is essential to do so in order to achieve operability of the Software with another software program, and you have first requested Tvalx to provide the information necessary to achieve such operability and Tvalx has not made such information available. Tvalx has the right to impose reasonable conditions and to request a reasonable fee before providing such information. Any such information supplied by Tvalx and any information obtained by you by such permitted decompilation may only be used by you for the purpose described herein and may not be disclosed to any third party or used to create any software which is substantially similar to the expression of the Software. Requests for information should be directed to the Tvalx Customer Support Department.
2.5.2 You may not alter or modify the Software or create a new installer for the Software.
2.6 Third Party Website Access. The Software may allow you to access third party websites ("Third Party Sites"). Your access to and use of any Third Party Sites, including any goods, services or information made available from such sites, is governed by the terms and conditions found at each Third Party Site, if any. Third Party Sites are not owned or operated by Tvalx. YOUR USE OF THIRD PARTY SITES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. Tvalx MAKES NO WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, INDEMNITIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR TERMS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WHETHER BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW, CUSTOM, USAGE OR OTHERWISE AS TO ANY OTHER MATTERS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, TITLE, INTEGRATION, ACCURACY, SECURITY, AVAILABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE WITH RESPECT TO THE THIRD PARTY SITES.
2.7 Certified Documents.
2.7.1 Certified Documents and CD Services. The Software may allow you to validate Certified Documents. A "Certified Document" or CD is a PDF file that has been digitally signed using (a) a certificate and (b) a private encryption key that corresponds to the public key in the certificate. Validation of a CD requires CD Services from the CD Service Provider that issued the certificate. CD Service Provider is an independent third party service vendor. CD Services are services provided by CD Service Providers, including without limitation (i) certificates issued by such CD Service Provider for use with the Softwares CD feature set, (ii) services related to issuance of certificates, and (iii) other services related to certificates, including without limitation verification services.
2.7.2 CD Service Providers. Although the Software may provide validation features, Tvalx does not supply the necessary CD Services required to use these features. Purchasing, availability and responsibility for the CD Services are between you and the CD Service Provider. Before you rely upon any CD, any digital signature applied thereto, and/or any related CD Services, you must first review and agree to the applicable Issuer Statement and this Agreement. Issuer Statement means the terms and conditions under which each CD Service Provider offers CD Services, including for example any subscriber agreements, relying party agreements, certificate policies and practice statements, and Section 2.7 of this Agreement. By validating a CD using CD Services, you acknowledge and agree that (a) the certificate used to digitally sign a CD may be revoked at the time of verification, making the digital signature on the CD appear valid when in fact it is not, (b) the security or integrity of a CD may be compromised due to an act or omission by the signer of the CD, the applicable CD Service Provider, or any other third party and (c) you must read, understand, and be bound by the applicable Issuer Statement.
2.7.3 Warranty Disclaimer. CD Service Providers offer CD Services solely in accordance with the applicable Issuer Statement. ACCESS TO THE CD SERVICES THROUGH THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE IS MADE AVAILABLE ON AN AS IS BASIS ONLY AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OR INDEMNITY OF ANY KIND (EXCEPT AS SUPPLIED BY A CD SERVICES PROVIDER IN ITS ISSUER STATEMENT). Tvalx AND EACH CD SERVICE PROVIDER (EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN ITS ISSUER STATEMENT) MAKE NO WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, INDEMNITIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR TERMS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WHETHER BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW, CUSTOM, USAGE OR OTHERWISE AS TO ANY OTHER MATTERS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, TITLE, INTEGRATION, ACCURACY, SECURITY, AVAILABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE WITH RESPECT TO THE CD SERVICES.
2.7.4 Indemnity. You agree to hold Tvalx and any applicable CD Service Provider (except as expressly provided in its Issuer Statement) harmless from any and all liabilities, losses, actions, damages, or claims (including all reasonable expenses, costs, and attorneys fees) arising out of or relating to any use of, or reliance on, any CD Service, including, without limitation (a) reliance on an expired or revoked certificate, (b) improper verification of a certificate, (c) use of a certificate other than as permitted by any applicable Issuer Statement, this Agreement or applicable law; (d) failure to exercise reasonable judgment under the circumstances in relying on the CD Services or (e) failure to perform any of the obligations as required in an applicable Issuer Statement.
2.7.5 Limit of Liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL TVALX OR ANY CD SERVICE PROVIDER (EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN ITS ISSUER STATEMENT) BE LIABLE TO YOU, OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY, FOR ANY LOSS OF USE, REVENUE OR PROFIT, LOST OR DAMAGED DATA, OR OTHER COMMERCIAL OR ECONOMIC LOSS OR FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, STATUTORY, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RELATED TO YOUR USE OR RELIANCE UPON CD SERVICES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR IF SUCH DAMAGES ARE FORESEEABLE. THIS LIMITATION SHALL APPLY EVEN IN THE EVENT OF A FUNDAMENTAL OR MATERIAL BREACH OR A BREACH OF THE FUNDAMENTAL OR MATERIALTERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
2.7.6 Third Party Beneficiaries. You agree that any CD Service Provider you utilize shall be a third party beneficiary with respect to this Section 2.7 of this Agreement, and that such CD Service Provider shall have the right to enforce such provisions in its own name as if the CD Service Provider were Tvalx.
3.1 Notices. You shall not copy the Software except as set forth in Section 2. Any copy of the Software that you make must contain the same copyright and other proprietary notices that appear on or in the Software.
3.2 Tvalx Sotware Restrictions. You are not authorized to integrate or use the Tvalx Sotware with any other software, plug-in or enhancement that uses or relies upon the the Tvalx Sotware.
4. Transfer. You may not rent, lease, sublicense, assign or transfer your rights in the Software, or authorize all or any portion of the Software to be copied onto another user's Computer except as may be expressly permitted herein. You may, however, transfer all your rights to Use the Software to another person or legal entity provided that: (a) you also transfer (i) this Agreement, and (ii) the Software and all other software or hardware bundled or pre-installed with the Software, including all copies, Updates and prior versions, to such person or entity, (b) you retain no copies, including backups and copies stored on a Computer, and (c) the receiving party accepts the terms and conditions of this Agreement and any other terms and conditions upon which you legally purchased a license to the Software. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may not transfer education, pre-release, or not for resale copies of the Software.
5. Intellectual Property Ownership, Copyright Protection. The Software and any authorized copies that you make are the intellectual property of and are owned by Tvalx and its suppliers. The structure, organization and code of the Software are the valuable trade secrets and confidential information of Tvalx and its suppliers. The Software is protected by law, including without limitation the copyright laws of the United States and other countries, and by international treaty provisions. Except as expressly stated herein, this Agreement does not grant you any intellectual property rights in the Software and all rights not expressly granted are reserved by Tvalx and its suppliers.
6. Updates. If the Software is an Update to a previous version of the Software, you must possess a valid license to such previous version in order to Use such Update. All Updates are provided to you on a license exchange basis. You agree that by Using an Update you voluntarily terminate your right to use any previous version of the Software. As an exception, you may continue to Use previous versions of the Software on your Computer after you Use the Update but only to assist you in the transition to the Update, provided that: (a) the Update and the previous versions are installed on the same computer; (b) the previous versions or copies thereof are not transferred to another party or Computer unless all copies of the Update are also transferred to such party or Computer; and (c) you acknowledge that any obligation Tvalx may have to support the previous versions of the Software may be ended upon availability of the Update.
7. NO WARRANTY. The Software is being delivered to you "AS IS" and Tvalx makes no warranty as to its use or performance. Tvalx provides no technical support, warranties or remedies for the Software. Tvalx AND ITS SUPPLIERS DO NOT AND CANNOT WARRANT THE PERFORMANCE OR RESULTS YOU MAY OBTAIN BY USING THE SOFTWARE. EXCEPT FOR ANY WARRANTY, CONDITION, REPRESENTATION OR TERM TO THE EXTENT TO WHICH THE SAME CANNOT OR MAY NOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED BY LAW APPLICABLE TO YOU IN YOUR JURISDICTION, Tvalx AND ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO WARRANTIES CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS, OR TERMS (EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WHETHER BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW, CUSTOM, USAGE OR OTHERWISE) AS TO ANY MATTER INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, MERCHANTABILITY, INTEGRATION, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. The provisions of Section 7 and Section 8 shall survive the termination of this Agreement, howsoever caused, but this shall not imply or create any continued right to Use the Software after termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT WILL Tvalx OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES, CLAIMS OR COSTS WHATSOEVER OR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, OR ANY LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS, EVEN IF AN Tvalx REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS, DAMAGES, CLAIMS OR COSTS OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY THIRD PARTY. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS APPLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW IN YOUR JURISDICTION. TvalxS AGGREGATE LIABILITY AND THAT OF ITS SUPPLIERS UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID FOR THE SOFTWARE, IF ANY. Nothing contained in this Agreement limits Tvalxs liability to you in the event of death or personal injury resulting from Tvalxs negligence or for the tort of deceit (fraud). Tvalx is acting on behalf of its suppliers for the purpose of disclaiming, excluding and/or limiting obligations, warranties and liability as provided in this Agreement, but in no other respects and for no other purpose. For further information, please see the jurisdiction specific information at the end of this Agreement, if any, or contact Tvalxs Customer Support Department.
9. Export Rules. You agree that the Software will not be shipped, transferred or exported into any country or used in any manner prohibited by the United States Export Administration Act or any other export laws, restrictions or regulations (collectively the "Export Laws"). In addition, if the Software is identified as export controlled items under the Export Laws, you represent and warrant that you are not a citizen, or otherwise located within, an embargoed nation (including without limitation Iran, Syria, Sudan, Libya, Cuba, and North Korea) and that you are not otherwise prohibited under the Export Laws from receiving the Software. All rights to Use the Software are granted on condition that such rights are forfeited if you fail to comply with the terms of this Agreement.
10. Governing Law. This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws in force: (a) in the State of California, if a license to the Software is obtained when you are in the United States, Canada, or Mexico; or (b) in Japan, if a license to the Software is obtained when you are in Japan, China, Korea, or other Southeast Asian country where all official languages are written in either an ideographic script (e.g., hanzi, kanji, or hanja), and/or other script based upon or similar in structure to an ideographic script, such as hangul or kana; or (c) England, if a license to the Software is purchased when you are in any other jurisdiction not described above. The respective courts of Santa Clara County, California when California law applies, Tokyo District Court in Japan, when Japanese law applies, and the competent courts of England, when the law of England applies, shall each have non-exclusive jurisdiction over all disputes relating to this Agreement. This Agreement will not be governed by the conflict of law rules of any jurisdiction or the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, the application of which is expressly excluded.
11. General Provisions. If any part of this Agreement is found void and unenforceable, it will not affect the validity of the balance of this Agreement, which shall remain valid and enforceable according to its terms. This Agreement shall not prejudice the statutory rights of any party dealing as a consumer. This Agreement may only be modified by a writing signed by an authorized officer of Tvalx. Updates may be licensed to you by Tvalx with additional or different terms. This is the entire agreement between Tvalx and you relating to the Software and it supersedes any prior representations, discussions, undertakings, communications or advertising relating to the Software.
12. Notice to U.S. Government End Users. The Software and Documentation are "Commercial Items," as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. 2.101, consisting of "Commercial Computer Software" and "Commercial Computer Software Documentation," as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212 or 48 C.F.R. 227.7202, as applicable. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. 12.212 or 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4, as applicable, the Commercial Computer Software and Commercial Computer Software Documentation are being licensed to U.S. Government end users (a) only as Commercial Items and (b) with only those rights as are granted to all other end users pursuant to the terms and conditions herein. Unpublished-rights reserved under the copyright laws of the United States. Tvalx Systems Incorporated, 345 Park Avenue, San Jose, CA 95110-2704, USA. For U.S. Government End Users, Tvalx agrees to comply with all applicable equal opportunity laws including, if appropriate, the provisions of Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 402 of the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (38 USC 4212), and Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, and the regulations at 41 CFR Parts 60-1 through 60-60, 60-250, and 60-741. The affirmative action clause and regulations contained in the preceding sentence shall be incorporated by reference in this Agreement.
13. Compliance with Licenses. If you are a business or organization, you agree that upon request from Tvalx or Tvalxs authorized representative, you will within thirty (30) days fully document and certify that use of any and all Software at the time of the request is in conformity with your valid licenses from Tvalx.